20.6.10

Mistress of studies.

It's been a little over three weeks since my last post--unfortunately, my writing efforts were required elsewhere and I just didn't have the brainpower to write another word.

But, hey:

THE DISSERTATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED!!!


After a week of working through the night (saw the sun rise a lot more than I've ever wanted t0)...and nine months of work before that... everything came together and I turned it in on Friday the 18th!

The last couple days have been a combination of catching up on sleep + saying goodbye to friends, since I leave for 11 days of traveling this afternoon.
The itinerary is:
June 20-23: Berlin
June 23-25: Vienna
June 25-27: Salzburg
June 27-28: Zurich
June 28-30: Interlaken
June 30-July 1: Geneva

Back to Oxford the evening of the 1st; wrap things up on the 2nd, leave the afternoon of the 2nd for a hotel near heathrow, leaving for the states the morning of the 3rd.

Whew.

Once I'm back in the States, I'll do a full end of Trinity update, including the minibreak trip to Scotland, little adventures around Oxford, our term-end parties, and, of course, post-submission trip photos.

For now, I'll leave you with the expression of simultaneous triumph and exhaustion after my classmates and I submitted:


1 comment:

  1. congrats mander!!! we are all so proud and sooooo jealous of you. We can't wait until you come home, but enjoy every minute that you have abroad!

    XOXOXO
    Tyra

    ReplyDelete