23.4.10

The flowers that bloom in the spring...

Tra la.

Spring time has finally arrived in Oxford (and not a moment too soon)! Temperatures are climbing, flowers are blooming, and I can't remember the last time we had consistent drizzles.

As a result, I've been spending as much time outside as possible, which is also good in combating the onset of paper-induced madness. The University Parks are just around the corner from my house, so I've been going almost daily (as part of my rule that I must leave the house every day and seek out natural light) for a walk or to loll about in the grass.

My friend Julia and I went yesterday for an earth day walk. Below are the pictures--


This tree is really pretty, but we also appreciated how soft and full the grass was. We took off our shoes as we wandered through part of the park.


After walking for a while we came to what I'd always thought to the end of the park, but Julia showed me that it kept going, over the river and through the woods--


I almost expected to see fairies in this bit of the woods (maybe combating the madness hasn't been entirely effective)--


And then we ended up back at our houses, where some wee pretty flowers are in bloom on the trees--





In other gorgeous flower-related news, I got this bouquet from Gil as a "hey, sorry I gave you the flu and then went back across the Atlantic" gesture. If one must catch a flu from one's boyfriend and spend a week with fever, chills, and the inability to eat solid foods, it's nice to have something pretty to look at.


Also: my papers are so much closer to done! Liz F. (very surprisingly) liked my draft of the option essay, and both papers are in the final editing. So with the sunshine, flower, and wrapping up of 2/3 of submitted work, things are looking up for old Liz Lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment